Are you looking for some fun Christmas activities to do with your family over the holiday season? Here are 10 activities to get you started!
- Host a cookie decorating party. You can bake or buy your cookies; the fun part is the decorating. Check out Parents website for some decorating inspiration.
- Go ice skating, tobogganing or a take a fun winter walk. If it’s chilly outside bundle up and then have some hot cocoa afterwards.
- Decorate a gingerbread house. Most stores have kits for sale, or get really creative and bake your own. Give everyone their own to decorate!
- Watch your favorite holiday movie or make it a holiday movie marathon. Elf, Miracle on 34th Street, It’s a Wonderful Life and The Polar Express are just a few.
- Serve a meal at a local homeless shelter. It helps others and makes you feel good too.
- Have a slumber party under the tree. Bring out the sleeping bags and blankets…maybe even build a blanket fort.
- Go for a walk or drive and look at the holiday decorations. There are some amazing light displays in Edmonton. Candy Cane Lane is always a fun one. You can even take a sleigh ride through to view the lights!
- Make your own decorations for your tree. Here are some great ideas to get you started. Then have fun decorating it together!
- Have a family board game night. Let everyone choose their favourite.
- Decorate your own Christmas stockings, hang them up together and wait for Santa to come!
Wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday season!